QXFM Radio Network is a Non-Commercial Educational Broadcast Network that operates in western Tarrant County, Parker, Palo Pinto, Eastland, Hood, Johnson, Jack, Comanche, Erath, Wise, Somervell, Stephens, and Denton Counties. QXFM Radio Network stations are formatted with a mix of musical formats and educational broadcasting. Our musical formats range from Country, Classic Rock, Oldies, and Pop Hits across multiple stations. Interspersed within our music programming is educational programming throughout the day and across the network.
Our mission as an entity is to provide quality educational and entertaining content so as to please all key demographics at any given moment.
Highlights of our original live programming:
- The Morning Ride hosted by award-winning broadcaster Dave Cowley; simulcast across all QXFM Radio Network stations
- Local Beats – A weekly showcase program that highlights local artists from around the entire state of Texas; simulcast across all stations
- Sunday Singing – A weekly program featuring cross-genre gospel music; simulcast across all stations
- Cowboy Jubilee – A weekly program hosted by Judy James featuring traditional and classic country from the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s; simulcast across all stations
- The Trading Post – A weekly program where listener’s can bring their antiques, collectibles, and one of a kinds to offer to our listener base with item history and value to sale/trade; simulcast across all stations
Highlights of our syndicated programming feature:
- Way With Words – Syndicated from Wayword, Inc, Way with Words Public Radio programming is an upbeat and lively hour-long public radio show about language examined through history, culture, and family; simulcast across all stations.
- People’s Pharmacy – Syndicated from People’s Pharmacy and the Graedons, People’s Pharmacy is a public radio program that allows listeners to hear the latest expert opinions on cutting edge medical research and real news you can use to take control of your own health.; simulcast across all stations.
- Daily Education Vignettes
- House Smart Minutes – Syndicated from Lyle Dean, daily tips for home improvement and preventive maintenance.
- Car Clinic Minute – Syndicated from Bobby Likis, daily tips for car repair and preventive maintenance.
- The Career Clinic – Syndicated from Maureen Anderson, daily tips for career advice, national hiring trends, etc.
- Passport To Texas – Syndicated from Texas Parks and Wildlife, daily feature that highlights outdoors and wildlife excursions.
- This Week in Texas History - Syndicated from the Texas General Land Office, daily feature that highlights the lesser-known events throughout Texas history.
- Profile America – Syndicated from the U.S. Census Bureau, daily feature that uses interesting vignettes from key events, observances or commemorations for that day to highlight information collected by the Census Bureau.
- HHS Heath Beats – Syndicated from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, daily feature that provides health promotion and disease prevention tips.
QXFM is owned and operated by CSSI Educational Broadcasting and is a non-profit entity that is fully funded by corporate underwriting and privatized membership support from individuals.